- Almonds reduce heart attack risk.
- Almonds protect artery walls from damage
- Almonds provide healthy fats and aid in weight loss:
- Almonds help build strong bones and teeth
- Almonds lower ‘bad’ cholesterol
- Almonds lower the rise in blood sugar and insulin after meals.
- Almonds help provide good brain function.
- Almonds nourish the nervous system.
- Almonds alkalize the body.
History Of Almonds:
The almond (or badam in Indian English, from Persian: ??????) is a species of tree native to the Middle East and South Asia.
“Almond” is also the name of the edible and widely cultivated seed of this tree. Within the genus Prunus, it is classified with the peach in the subgenus Amygdalus, distinguished from the other subgenera by the corrugated shell (endocarp) surrounding the seed.